Timber Sale Planning & Marketing
No other activity on their property comes with more stress for landowners than timber sale. What better reason to have a professional to guide you through the process.
- Owner consultation and forest examination
- Determine harvest prescription
- Designate harvest trees with paint
- Prepare the timber sale contract
- Secure bids from quality loggers
- Market the sale to maximize revenue
- Ensure all payments are properly received and accounted for
- Monitoring of the harvest to ensure contract compliance
Forest Management Planning
You have goals for your property but how do you get there?
- A forest management plan is the document that maps out the steps to achieve those goals.
- A detailed inventory of the resources on your property will be done to include: timber, soils, habitat, water, and cultural resources.
- A professional management plan will be developed and reviewed with the landowner.
- Advantages of a written management plan include:
- Provides valuable information and helps you to get to know your property
- Required to be eligible for cost share programs
- Provides information for timber tax basis
- Some states and counties offer tax savings for planned forests
Timber Tax Basis & Timber Tax Advice
Knowing the right numbers can save you money on taxes.
Forest Stand Improvement (FSI)
- Also known as timber stand improvement (TSI), or thinning.
- Involves cutting trees to improve the growth, health, species composition, and structure of the forest.
- Objectives of FSI can be to improve timber quality, control insect & disease outbreaks, create wildlife habitat, and promote reforestation.
- Insect & Disease Diagnosis
- Invasive Species Control/Removal
- Forest Mapping